Missing teeth are more than just an issue with dental aesthetics but a real health issue. As a result, it is essential to consider care like the best dental implants in Southfield, MI. Read on to learn about the causes of tooth loss, this care method, and how Mission Point Dental Wellness Associates and Dr. Lynna Pillai, Dr. Earl Bogrow, and Dr. Greg Young can help.
Causes of Tooth Loss
Many adults lose teeth as they age for a variety of different reasons. The root causes usually center around poor oral hygiene or genetic predisposition. However, there may be other issues at play here that could cause long-term complications with your dental health. Just a few that you need to consider:
- Persistent oral decay caused by bacteria and not adequately managed by various oral care methods
- Minimal dental visits or inadequate care from poor dental care providers
- Genetic predisposition to poor oral health or weak teeth and poor jaw muscles
- Hypodontia, a disease that may cause a lack of teeth development in some people
- Impact damage caused by a car crash, sports, or other types of rough physical activities
Thankfully, the best dental implants that Southfield, MI has to offer can help replace missing teeth and keep your oral health more robust and more secure. While dentures and bridges can also perform many of these same steps, implants have benefits that may make them the best option for you. Understanding these advantages will make it easier for your care.
How Implants Can Help
If you're missing one or more teeth, and you want to replace them, high-quality implants can help. Implants use a strong metal directly inserted into your jaw to replace your original tooth's roots. And a strong replacement tooth will replace your missing tooth. This process also:
- Supports jaw health by providing extra support for the bone
- Minimizes tooth movement and alignment issues with your face
- Restores your maximum bite force to make eating easier to handle
A great implant is typically considered a permanent solution for tooth loss, one that requires minimal maintenance to keep strong. Brush and floss the tooth as you would any other and make sure that your dentist takes good care of it, and it should last for many years.
We Can Provide Great Implants
If you're missing teeth and want the best dental implants that Southfield, MI, dentists can provide, please call us at (248) 827-1900 right away to set up an appointment with Mission Point Dental Wellness Associates. Our team of Dr. Lynna Pillai, Dr. Earl Bogrow, and Dr. Greg Young understands the complexities of oral care and implants and will ensure that you are satisfied with treatment.